Making Money With Adsense - Is it Still Possible?


Making Money AdSense is one of the easiest online businesses you can imagine. You simply put content on your website, a visitor clicks on it and you have made money. It sounds easy! But is it really? Well, many of us know that people earn staggering amounts of money just by placing Google AdSense ads on their sites. But many of us have also heard that it is getting more and more difficult to make money with Adsense. So, how does AdSense compare to alternatives you can put onto your site? Well, I have done some testing I would like to report today. One of my sites gets approximately 400 unique visitors a day - that is not a lot and I thought worthwhile to test different ads on this site. This traffic that is coming is non-targeted meaning that this traffic was completely unrelated to the content I had on the page. However, I put some AdSense ads on top of the page and I made $2.00 per day. That's not a lot you might think, but wait a minute. It is only one of my pages and it sums up to $600 a year. However, I then changed to another contextual advertiser and I placed (very targeted ads in fact) at the same spot of my site. Guess what happened? Right, I had a massive increase in CTR (Click-Through-Rate) but the total amount I have earned over 24 hours was only $0.70. Quite disappointing. That is almost a loss of 1/3rd of revenue. So, I changed again to another referral advertiser, added again some very targeted ads on my site. Same thing happened there. High CTR but the people did not sign up or purchase the product. That means I have lost the traffic during these days without bringing me any money. In fact, I have tested even some more advertiser and not only one was able to compete with my AdSense results. Of course, I have put AdSense back on my site and making my $2 for this particular page every day or $600 a year. WELL, and this is only one of my sites. Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/858153