6 Reasons Making Money Online Makes Sense!

I have tried a lot of things over the years to bring home the bacon before I discovered the world of internet marketing. I worked as an employee in retail, restaurants, construction, and real estate. Along the way, I realized I was not very good employee material. I dreaded my alarm clock going off at a certain time every morning, dressing up, getting in my car and heading to a job all day. I felt like I had to beg for any time off and punching a time clock was particularly annoying. Truthfully, I loved my freedom more than my steady paycheck.

Over the years, I also started my own companies doing everything from virtual assistance, real estate investing and network marketing to name a few. None of these businesses really hit the nail on the head when it came to what I wanted and needed from my income producing activities.
I had to find a way to setup an autopilot money making machine that would work for me whether I was sleeping, watching my son's soccer game or driving to the grocery store. I then stumbled onto internet marketing as a way to create an additional income stream.

I found there were six reasons that an online business fit my situation perfectly:

1. Work 20 hrs. or less per week. I already had a day job and was running a household. Since there are only 24 hours in a day, I had to work smarter not harder and leverage my time better.

2. Business that could run on autopilot if I was traveling or out of the office. I didn't want to have to hire employees to manage my business while I was away or to feel like I was tied to my cell phone and laptop all the time.

3. Flexible hours. I had to be available for carpooling, to help with my children's homework, to fulfill my soccer mom duties, etc. I needed to be able to fit work into my schedule not to schedule my life around my work. If I had a block of time from 10 PM to midnight, I could use it to write articles, send promotional emails or tweak my website.

4. Work out of my home. I could work in my pajamas if I wanted to and save an enormous amount of money on gas, since I only had a 20 second commute from my living room to my home office. Also, let's not underestimate the amount of time I saved by staying home instead of driving to work.

5. Must be something I enjoy doing. I liked having fun, you see. I was through with spending my time making someone else rich at some soul crushing, mind numbing job. No more selling my time for money doing something I hated.

6. Must be able to make enough money to help support my family financially. The amount of money I can make is really determined by my own persistence, patience and willingness to learn. I control all those factors. As an employee, my salary was determined by how much my boss thought was appropriate for the job. In my online business, I make the choice of how I spend my time and energy. I can make anywhere from $5 per day to $1,000 per day or more depending on my level of expertise in a particular niche and my ability to market well.

When I first started researching internet businesses, I was completely overwhelmed with the vast number and types of opportunities available. Everything from selling on eBay, blogging, affiliate marketing and more. Don't worry if you don't even know what these are yet. We all started out as beginners. Be persistent and learn all you can by reading articles, blogs, and joining forums. You can quickly get familiar with the industry terms by simply exposing yourself to them frequently by searching online and asking lots of questions.

It is definitely possible to make a good living online. If I can do it, you can too. Just keep it simple and take baby steps until you build up confidence in your internet capabilities.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2112977